2.09.2006

Mamba Strikes Back

Apparently Nike has decided that its time to unveil Kobe's marketing campaign with a new commercial Thursday night (perhaps in an attempt to overshadow the All-Star Game selections?). Kobe ditched Adidas in 2003 so that he could sign with Nike and get his dollars up. Then, of course, he got into a little trouble in Colorado and he got dumped by every corporation that he was supposed to be endorsing.


Love me...Please?!? Posted by Picasa

But now Nike wants to get him back out into the ad world. My favorite part of this whole thing is the voice over during the commercial:

'Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons.'
Now, that by itself is pretty good. But I think Kobe and Nike forgot that people hate him because he destroyed the Lakers and allegedly raped a girl. Couldn't the heads at Nike figure out a way to get that into the commercial? Anyway, maybe they'll roll that out for the next ad campaign.

No comments: