4.19.2006

Nicka Please...

You've got to be kidding me. We've already put Wilmer "I'll bone anything that's younger than 18" Valderrama on blast for his crappy MTV show. Now we're gonna have to check Nick Cannon before he wrecks himself.

I liked "Drumline" as much as the next person. In fact, I liked it a lot more than the next person. Its a great movie - just like "You Got Served" was a great movie.

But then the Nick Cannon avalanche started and my brain exploded. He released CDs, made more movies, and then the breaking point came when MTV gave him a TV show. Not just a sketch comedy show - but an hip-hop/comedy/rap battle show. "Wild 'n Out" might be the worst thing on the airwaves right now - even the guests don't seem excited to be on it and the show usually ends in a "battle" where the Nick Cannon's lackeys make fun of him for not actually being famous and Nick Cannon makes fun of his lackeys for...getting their paychecks from someone who is...not really famous. Right, the whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense.

I was willing to forgive Nick for that disaster of a TV show. I was even willing to forgive him for his new song, "Dimepiece," where he yells out - "I produced this joint!!" Never mind the fact that by "produced" he means that he's just "rapping" over an old Bel Biv Devoe song. BUT, his latest comments have gone too far:

Nick Cannon: A little bit, but I’ve grown content with it. I never set out to be a role model, I’d rather call it a real model. I’m just a real dude. A role is something that you play and put up a front, but I’m a real cat.



I'm. Not. Real.

As my man Mouse would say - "Real recognize real, and you're a stranger in these parts."

No comments: