6.19.2008

S.I. MORE DESPARATE THAN A CRACKHEAD

It's just sad watching Sports Illustrated whittle down to nothing every week. Soon it's going to be the size of Derek Zoolander's cell phone.

But it's even sadder watching SI throws its journalistic integrity right out the window for a quick buck of ad revenue.

If you look in this week's issue, you'll find the special "Time Out" (read: advertising) section brought to you by McDonald's with a quote you'd normally find in SI's "Sign of the Apocalypse" section.

Q: You've been adamant in your blog (on TysonGay.net) about love for McDonald's. Safe to say you're a fan?

A: Yeah, I love that place. It means a lot to me when I see the golden arches in a foreign country. It makes my day. Even if I'm in a different environment, you can still feel good about yourself. I feel comfortable and energized, and I can say that I had a good meal.

Tyson, what the shit are you talking about?

Later, Gay goes on to list his hobbies as deforestation, poaching endangered animals and driving his Hummers in circles.

No comments: